Thursday, June 26, 2008

So sad

My best friend is pregnant. She is 6mths now. She just found out that her little baby has an underdeveloped heart. So she went for an hour long ultrasound with a cardiologist and it turns out her baby will need to have 3 surgery once born. She will be allowed to hug her baby and then off it goes to CHEO. Sometime in its first week of life it will have its first surgery, then a second surgery at 3mths and another at 3yrs. These surgeries are to connect the babies arteries which normally go to the right side of the heart and in this case will be attached to the left side. So the baby will only survive on half a heart.

It is so sad. I feel complete sorrow for my BF. She did everything right for this pregnancy and is completely mortified but strong for her baby. They even told her there may be need for a heart transplant down the road since it is pretty hard on your bodies heart to have to use only half to survive.

She keeps saying she doesn't want to freak me out. I keep saying I don't want to talk about what is going on with mine body/baby while she's experiencing such grief.

I wish there was something I could do for her.

No comments: