Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Happy Father's Day... maybe...

Well me and Mr.Spaghettibender have decided to try and have a baby. Since my cycle is all over the place I had no idea when I was expecting Aunt Flo. So I decided to test to see if I was pregnant on Father's Day.


The Friday before I secretly bought a home pregnancy test and hide it in the bathroom. That Sunday morning we got up early because he had to be at his dad's for 11:30am. I sneaked off to the bathroom to do the test while he made coffee. I lay the stick on the counter like they suggested and could see the urine going through the test window. I saw a dark pink line appear. I thought to myself "that is one good control line" then I watched another pink line appear. I looked at the stick stunned. I realized the first line was the pregnancy line. I was pregnant. What?!? it said it would take 3mins - that was 3secs. I was stunned. I started to cry. I have no idea why but I was crying. I had to compose myself. I had to tell Mr. Spaghettibender.


I opened to bathroom door and saw him on the computer. His back was to me as I stood in the door way. I whimpered. He didn't notice.


I said "Mr. Spaghettibener"


he said "ya" without turning around


I said his name again.


He turned around.


I said Happy Father's Day and passed him the test.


He looked at me with that deer-caught-in-headlights stare. poor guy.


He still didn't think it was real. He thought it was a false positive. I said that doesn't really happen - false negative - yes. So I continued to cry while he answered the phone. I really couldn't stop crying. I got on some chat boards and asked other girls if it was possible to have a false positive - no.


Once Mr. Spaghettibender got off the phone I got him to call his doctor friend to see if he was working at a clinic that day and if I could come by to do the blood test to confirm. turns out he would have to do an internal exam - um, no! So he also told us that we were pregnant since it wasn't just a faint line.


So we sat there.


I realized it was getting late and we needed to get ready to go over to his dad's for lunch. We both said we weren't going to say anything until it was confirmed by my doctor. I did however call my best friend - who is 5mths pregnant and tell her. She was so happy for me. I cried some more.


It took awhile to get in to see my doctor but it was true - I'm pregnant.

No comments: