Monday, November 26, 2007

Start of a great week

I was up on time, ready on time, out the door on time. What a great start to the week.

I might as well get this out of the way now so I never have to talk about it again. Last week I had two exams... well competitions for jobs at a higher level. The first one on Tuesday was for my current job. It went well - I scored a 96.6% so I am just waiting for my letter of offer. The second one was on Friday and it was for my old job. It was a killer. It was so practical that I never studied that way. So everything that I take for granted as second nature wasn't. I got overwhelmed and I believe I have to right to say "crashed and burned". Here I was afraid to look stupid to my old boss and I managed to do just that. If I try and look on the bright side, at least I got the first job = )

Do you ever notice how when one thing in your life starts to go well the other goes down the hill. Finally I am making headway on the career front which inevitably means that the home front is crumbling. I just don't know how to get through to my husband that he needs to step it up with the whole "I love you and want to make you happy" events that make a couple a couple. He has never been a very romantic guy. Even his idea of foreplay is asking me if I want to have sex or "spend time together". Trying to encourage our creative side I have bought books like 101 grrreat nights of sex , 101 grrreat nights of romance and a his/hers book of romantic ideas. I thought this might spark some stuff over the years ... I was wrong. At first he used the 101 great nights of sex but they were getting very similar. So when I bought the his/hers book of romantic ideas I thought he might be able to use it for inspiration. Nope, he thought the ideas were cheesy. And I don't think he has even cracked the book 101 grrreat nights of romance.

I am truly getting frustrated, I am trying to get him involved but nothing. He keeps telling me that I'm doing nothing. But if you look back on our life together you see I have made so many efforts and I'm tired of it. I am almost picketing any further romance from me until he shows some effort in this department.

I mean most men would make more of an effort to at least have sex. Not him. He won't even suck it up so that we can have sex. WTF is with that. Some candles, a back rub ... something he knows will lead to the bedroom - nothing, nada! I think cobwebs are going to start forming.

What am I suppose to do? I am really starting to believe he just isn't interested in me anymore. Maybe it is true what they say... marriage kills a relationship. Happy 12th anniversary Mr. Spaghettibender.

No comments: