Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Horrible Blogger

I am a horrible blogger - I realize nobody reads my blog so there is nobody to complain when I don't update it in a month. But still I complain about other bloggers not updating so I should kick myself for not doing the same.

What has been keeping me busy since July 10th. Well the next day we got a phone call stating that my Aunt, who was battling cancer was loosing the fight. My mom and I went up to visit her in Renfrew. She seemed good. She didn't look all that great - very, very skinny. But she was coherent and she joked with me... not at all what I expect. So we left and came home about dinner time. I get a phone call at work the next morning and my mom is crying. So I say I'll bring her up to see my Aunt again since they didn't give her until the end of the day. Again, we get up there and she looks the same but she is still in the same good spirits???? We are puzzled. But supposedly her body is shutting down. So we stay up until about 9pm that night. I decided to take off the next day as well and go up with Mr. SB. He couldn't get over how tiny she was - just skin and bones. The fight continued through the weekend and just before we were going to head up on Monday she passed away. So sad - the wake was Tuesday and the funeral was Wednesday. I guess the family just wanted to try and get everything done so they could have some rest. I am glad she didn't suffer for long. I HATE CANCER!

On a happier note, I am now officially married to a freshman! Mr. SB is going to University this fall. I guess he won't actually be a freshman since they gave him credits for some of his college courses so he will only have to do 2yrs. Now the $$$ pinch begins.

Now we have an ongoing dilemma with the Wedding we were invited to in Punta Cana. See it seems what we thought would be a direct flight is not. We have to transfer in Toronto which at first is a little inconvenient until you hear that the day we leave Punta Cana we fly into T.O. at 2am and our flight to Ottawa leaves at 7am... WTF!!! So there is direct flights but we would have to bail on the group. Which some of our friends have done but us being so 'nice' - which never seems to work out for us. We contacted the Wedding couple and found out that they need a certain # of people to get a larger discount ... so do we screw with the #'s so they can give everyone a $60 discount or do we - as some of our friends have done just say screw it and book our own trip?!?! Oh the dilemma.

No comments: