Tuesday, August 14, 2007

So confused and excited at the same time.

Late Friday afternoon before I was going to leave work a former colleague of mine offered me a job. Okay, he didn't offer me a job but his boss was interested in offering me a job. He told me that he had an assignment for a year in another building and they are looking for someone to replace him. They were interested in deploying me to his job at a higher level. Now I'm no fool. I know you can't deploy someone to a higher level you can only deploy at the same level. But then they said they could put me in an acting position at the higher level until they reclassify me to the higher level - what?!!!


My current boss can't even do that. I have been waiting for over 2yrs to be reclassified only to be told it can't happen. I have no idea what to do. This job is in a great division and they really try to keep people and show their appreciation for your hard work. But it will involve doing animal work - not exactly my cup of tea. But everything else about the job sounds great. I am still near my old colleagues - down the hall and our two division often have parties together.

I guess there really isn't anything else to do but jump in with both feet.

No comments: