Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Happy Easter

What a great weekend. We did so well not to get overwhelmed and still made time for ourselves. Thursday night we tried to do all of our running around for the weekend meals but fell short with only making a trip to Costco and Loblaws. But that was okay because we really only had to pick up a couple of other things.

I am alittle ashamed to admit that I have a fetish ... flyer's. The are usually delivered late Friday night but they came early on Thursday night - ya! Although I did miss getting up and having my cup of coffee as I read flip through them. Why am I so excited by them? Even if there is something on sale that I am interested in I make no attempt to go out and buy it. I just love getting ideas for stuff I might need. : )

Our foyer tiles are still estimated to be delivered in May - poohey! So on to the next project - the bathroom. I have been trying to hunt down a vessel sink. I hate that they sometimes call it an above the counter sink... make up your minds and call it one thing. We saw a really nice one made of marble but it was $500... ouch! Then add in the cost of a vanity that could be almost $1000 and you have an expensive not too impressive piece of furniture in the bathroom that will be dated in about a year. Maybe I should just stick with the conventional stuff.

We also made our first Turkey ever! It was so yummy!!! I am so impressed with our Easter dinner menu. I also made homemade vegetable bisque. I love homemade soup. I'm not too sure how my Italian in-laws felt about what we made but we loved it.

Its okay to try new things people!

No comments: