Thursday, December 14, 2006

Office politics

Who comes into my work area today but my ex-boss, wearing a Santa hat and beard. He hands me a Christmas card and one for my co-worker who isn't in yet.

Why, oh why did my ex-boss get me a card... which had a gift certificate inside. He does this every year and every year I hate it. You see my ex-boss is my ex-boss for many reasons, the main reason being I asked for a transfer since he keeps denying me from getting a promotion. And why does he do this you ask, because I pissed off HIS boss by not organizing social events at work. Anyways, now one of my fellow co-workers wants us to put in $20 towards a gift certificate for him - what the F$ck! I am not going in on a $80 gift for my boss. It might seem rather scrooge-like of me but he really doesn't deserve it. I am very generous to people but only ones that deserve my generosity. He definitely isn't one of them. Bah-humbug!

No comments: