Saturday, December 30, 2006

Happy New Year!

I have to admit that I am very happy that this month is almost over. Honestly the amount of Italian family function we have had in the last month is getting on my nerves. All the kissing and pretending that the family isn't annoyed with each other is just getting under my skin. They are even complaining that only the grown ups are allowed at the New Years Eve feast. Even though we are in our 30's we aren't part of that crowd. Good... thank god... now I won't have to hear them complain about all the work and yet when you offer to help the snicker and say no,no, we enjoy entertaining - sure!

I am actually very excited for 2007. My best friend is getting married and I am the maid of honour... now that I am married am I the matron of honour?? Oh who cares - I am so overwhelmed with excitement for them both. Plus I thought this would take the pressure off of me having kids but nope they still expect me to get pregnant. I came up with the best comeback for them now - it took him 10yrs to marry me and now that this is in my court I'll have kids when "I'm" ready. Honestly, I realized that I'm not getting any younger but as what if we had been trying all this time (okay we have only been married 5 months) but still what if we were having trouble conceiving. Would we really need the added pressure of everyone asking us if we were pregnant ever other weekend??


Oh the fun for marrying an Italian! I don't think I ever expect this amount of family involvement in our lives. I mean my husband and his brother talk on the phone every night - even though they work together every day! Strange -ya! Strange is an understatement. Oh well, I look forward to new and better things in 2007.

Happy New Years every one!

Hope to post more often in 2007.

No comments: