Wednesday, April 9, 2008

It's finally over... Baby Shower Results

Well the Baby Shower I have been planning for the last month or so is finally over. Thank Gawd! I feel like it has been occupying all my time for no reason really. I did work really hard on hand made decorations – mainly because I couldn’t find any to match the baby feet theme we were going with.


I also worked hard creating the baby shower Bingo cards and baby animal name game cards. Unfortunately due to the circumstances we only got to play the Bingo game. You see, my cousin’s little bundle of joy decided to get ready for her birth a whole 7wks early. Due to her positioning my cousin was told to stay off her feet and she needed to get steroid injections to help the babies lungs develop in case she was going to be delivered in the next couple of days. We are hoping she hangs in there a bit longer = )

The nice thing was that my cousin came over early so she greeted guests and hung out a bit before we opened presents. We then ate and cut the cake… which was a giant cupcake since that is what my cousin calls her little bun in the oven.
Then she had to leave early for her next steroid injection at the hospital. This baby is not going to be mistaken for a boy, let me tell you - every gift she opened was a pink outfit of some sort. My cousin was eyeing diaper cakes for a centerpiece but since I convinced her to use the cake as a centerpiece instead. Then I went ahead and made one large diaper cake, a mini 2-tier diaper cake and the diaper wreath.


I was amazed at the amount of things I made out of one bag of diapers.

We finished off the event by handing out little tiny pink foot sugar cookies. These things took me f-o-r-e-v-e-r to make. I was so annoyed that I almost through the cookies across the room. But they looked cute and they were homemade so lessons learned.


There are so many people having babies that I might have to use my talents again soon…hopefully not too soon.

No comments: