Tuesday, March 4, 2008

colour confidence


After lots and lots of debating I finally picked a colour to paint. You see my fireplace is made up of large grey/brownish stones so I couldn't go with a warm colour on the wall - it just looked out of place. But I really wanted to go with a neutral brown colour so the challenge was on. I finally found a colour Antique Brown that I liked but it was Ralph Lauren. I really couldn't justify paying for the name especially if I got it and didn't like it.


So finally I picked a similar colour Brampton Tan and I bought a pint. Ya turns out I love the colour but not with the fireplace. So I picked another colour not so brown called Toasty Grey and I thought it looked so much better with the fireplace. It was not a very warm colour and since the only problem I had with my favourite colour was matching the fireplace I decided to only paint the Toasty Grey on the fireplace wall. I am so excited.


I know it sounds lame but I have hated my house since the day we moved in. You see we bought the house because it was a great deal and in a neighbourhood we loved. But honestly I is not the house I ever pictured myself in. It is a bungalow, which I detest - only my opinion. It has only one bathroom - WTF! And the whole house needed an overhaul. So finally we have some things under control. Walls opened up, fixture and floors updated. But it has been a really slow job. We start project only to finish them to the point of spaces being livable. So the kitchen is half done, same with the bathroom.


So this is why I am so happy with the painting. It just makes such a difference to the space especially with the new openings into the kitchen.


Maybe someday I'll grown to love my house.

No comments: