Monday, February 5, 2007

what a weekend ... did you catch the superbowl

What a weekend! Did you catch the superbowl last night. With the amount of rain they were getting I thought it would be an interesting game to watch. It started out great. Kickoff returned for a touchdown by the underdogs. I loved it! Then it slowed down to a horrible pace. I was starting to get extremely frustrated. I was continuously yelling at the screen Mr.Spaghettibender laughing at me. He eventually left the room, not being able to stomach the Bears QB. I have t admit I haven't watch much football this year but after seeing this QB it makes me wonder how they made it this far. My lord, it was sad. But a fitting ending to a weekend of pure nothing.

Saturday night Mr.Spaghettibender had poker and I was in no mode to socialize with the other people that tag along but don't play. So at the last moment a get a phone call from one of the girlfriends seeing if I want to get together. I really just wanted to hang out and get some stuff done around the house but I also thought was a great opportunity to find out from a Teacher all the ins and outs of the education system. So she came over to my house with wine in hand - how long does it take two girls to open a bottle of wine without a man around - A LONG TIME! That still makes me laugh thinking of us getting so excited when the cork would move a couple of mm's. I really should invest in a better cork screw.

So we sat around getting updated on her Wedding stats and their house hunting problems. God, the two of us can talk! Then we talked about Mr.Spaghettibender going back to school and maybe teachers college. It was very informative which made me a bit scared. I know no matter what finding a job is hard but thinking about him going back to school and us wanting to start a family some time in the future doesn't go hand in hand. I have no idea how we will manage this. I always thought when we had kids he would stay home with them. Now I have no idea what to do. I REALLY don't want them to go to some strangers house. Just something else to throw on the plate.

No comments: